Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ravelry

OK. I caved. I'm not much of a joiner, so though I've seen raves about ravelry.com I never gave it much thought. Then I gave it a little thought, but the wait list was so long it seemed silly to even bother. Then I went to a knit night (lots of new people!) and people raved in person - which is much different from raving in blog. And it dawned on me...if I sign up now, maybe I'll actually be able to get into ravelry by the time I come out of the new-baby-induced coma. Here are the stats:

You signed up Today
You are #25974 on the list.
16715 people are ahead of you in line.
0 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far

Like I said, I have plenty of time to go into baby coma before I get swept up in the wonder that is ravelry. SIXTEEN THOUSAND PEOPLE are ahead of me in line. They're taking new members slowly as they have bandwidth while they work out the kinks - wouldn't it have been nice if Myspace had thought to proceed as judiciously?
(If you don't know what ravelry is, go check it out. Basically an enormous community for knitters/crocheters/spinners. A place to post all of your projects - which will be a leap forward from the jumbled pile of patterns I keep meaning to put into a binder. A place to find other people working on the same projects. A place to spend waaaay too much time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home