Sunday, July 08, 2007

Knitting the 100 degree weather away

It's hot and nasty out and I am not feeling very home improvement motivated. So when sitting around sweating, what's a girl to do?
Yep, start some new projects.
Not much to show for this yet, but the idea of knitting some light, lacey cotton socks seems perfect for this weather.
start moms socks

And I picked back up with the baby blanket this weekend.
baby blanket2

What's this???
baby blanket2 crochet
Yes, I'm dipping my toes into crochet. Don't worry, I'm not turning to the dark side, just acknowedging that sometimes the dark side has something to offer. After searching stitch dictionaries and Knitting on the Edge for borders for this blanket, I have finally given in. I want something that looks nice on both sides, that isn't too fussy, and that will work visually with the existing stitches. Crochet will be much faster, and it's more flexible. At least that's how it looks when I still don't really know what I'm doing. I have a couple of books from the library and am just going to sit down with them.

And for those who asked...
070807 profile2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home