Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baby knits

I promised not to complain because we have had such a long, lovely spring, but the hot humid days seem to have arrived. I'm not complaining, but I'm envying my neighbors' good planning. They have two kiddie pools and a blow-up slide with a water pool at the end of the slide. Oh to be 8 years old again.

Despite the weather, I'm knitting. The 8-day baby sweater is so close to completion that I'll save that for another post. Baby knits are perfect for summer, wool or otherwise.
Diaper covers are a snap to knit. Baby butts are so little!
soakers 052707
These were knit with odds and ends (can you tell? baby daddy just loves the colors) using CurlyPurly's pattern. It's such a guessing game - will my chubby little baby fit in these? Or will I have a scrawny pup who doesn't fill them out? I'm trying to find some balance - knitting on these a little, dreaming up other projects, knitting on my other projects...

Speaking of which, I'm keeping to my shawl commitment. Does it look 12% closer to completion? I promise not to show too many photos of this project - it's going to look like a wadded up tissue until at least August.
sea shawl update 052707

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home