Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Birthday holiday

I'm proud to say that I have single-handedly established the practice of birthday holidays at work. Maybe not for the entire company, but at least for our lab. It just doesn't seem right to work on your birthday.

As such, I was off last Thursday for a trip to NYC. It had been a while as home responsibilities have been taking up so much of my time. When I arrived, the day was so beautiful that I decided to eschew the subway (it's underground) and walk everywhere. This decision was greeted with a beautiful plays of light on buildings that I've never seen before:
lights on wall
lights on corner
I also enjoy observing how New Yorkers honor the season in their concrete jungle:
xmas in chelsea
Mostly it was a day of wandering. Had a lovely lunch on a patio, chai at a cafe, and window shopping.

I concluded my day with the unavoidable trip to The Tree
rock tree
(and decided that I can now avoid going up there again for another 5 or 6 years.)

And that was my day. It's official. I'm older.
me at 31b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home