Monday, September 29, 2008

What I won't miss

There are a number of things I won't miss when Senor Bush is finally deposed, but the biggest one:
"I'm confident that [insert horrible policy decision] will be approved."
"I'm confident that [insert horrible economic debaucle] will be resolved."
"I'm confident that [insert horrible invasion policy] will bring results."
"I'm confident that [insert horrible anything]."

I'd love to see The Daily Show do a compilation of the "I'm confident"s from GWs' speechs. I swear he thinks that the mere utterance of these words, the assurance of our wise and mighty leader, is supposed to calm the nation. Enough already! Your confidence isn't doing us any good!

In non-political news, I've been knitting a lot. Eeking out minutes here and there (and gliding off the tail of the long drive in the beginning of the month) I've managed to finish a Jacques Cousteau hat, the inadvertant baby socks, and half of the pair of Socken it to the Family socks (simple pattern, letting the yarn patterning make 'em fancy). I also have the cuff of a sock for myself (made after casting on correctly unlike the inadvertant baby socks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home